Sunday, September 23, 2012

One Month

It has been a month since I got my diagnosis. So much has happened in this month on so many fronts...

What I can say is that I feel positive and lucky. I am starting to tell people outside immediate family, only so they know the reasons I have been dropping some balls and not have the kids tell them...or worse, find out on Facebook!

I am grateful to a brave young woman who shared her story and journey who lost her 14 month fight to Melanoma 6 years ago - and to troops who continue to fight for awareness and early detection. If it weren't for her chronicling of her story I don't know that I would have been mapped 6 years ago...and paid enough attention to get checked.

TEB has been in my thoughts and her family in my prayers for years. Her life and journey has made a difference in my life and the lives of my children and family.

May her memory continue to be a blessing for all who loved her and all the lives she has touched.

______________________
updated to put context back:
NES is my friend who first forwarded me TEB's blog...in the guise that she and I (hormonal and pregnant) needed more blogs to read and cry while reading. But TEB was the reason our pregnant selves found Dr. G, (female and on both of our insurances), and made an appointment together post the birth of our bundles (E and Puppy). Thing was, Dr. G told her, come back if she saw anything change...and she told me - get mapped and I'll see you every year from now until eternity! And not too long after that...she left the practice. I was dumb...I waited 4 years between the last time I saw Dr. G and when I walked into Dr. B's office.

No comments:

Post a Comment